December 19, 2005

So Push It Along, Trails We Blaze, Don't Deserve The Gong, Don't Deserve The Praise

Quoting myself:


Regardless, I'm excited for these upcoming games. Not to discount what they have done on this past road trip and against the Kobes, but these next 4 games are going to give us a good glimpse into the true potential of this team.

God dammit all. I'm getting excited again.


WRONG CHOICE!

These last 4 games have been... what's the word? Awful? Heart-killing? Failure-inducing? Going-to-punch-my-goddamned-TV-if-I-have-to-watch-Kandi-play-on-our-team-anymore? How about just, "bad"?

Let's take a walk down memory lane!

Tonight vs Philly

You never know. Wolves have to be favored in this one, but Iverson.... well you know. Chris Webber - while certainly not a Timberwolves-killer - has done well against us though, usually because Bowl of Kandi is in the game. However, I think tonight's game will be different. And I predict Eddie G will be turning shots around to the direction they came (relax! I'm talking about basketball here!)


This was a good game, but KG missed the shots at the end, and Webber was playing sicko (as predicted above, skunt!). This loss was entirely acceptable.

Tomorrow vs Sackramento

That's right. From now on, they have the word "Sack" in their name. It's only fitting. This wouldn't be a concern except for the fact that they play tonight then have to fly home and play the next day. I don't think it's the travel that is that big of a deal, but the 2 games in 2 days is. Also, don't look now, but Sackramento has won two in a row. The game doesn't worry me nearly as much as the next two, but there's reasons to not overlook the Kings.


The reasons can be counted on three fingers. One, two, three, and SWISH! Bonzi Wells having himself some paint chips in front of the Wolves bench?!?! Skita had a front row seat! Watch for water spray!

Thursday vs San Antonio

The Timberwolves will lose this game. Oh, my stars, will they ever lose. The Wolves have been playing extremely well, and I predict they will give SA a game (especially because the game is at the TC), but they will lose. FEAR NOT! This will be a great learning game. They will learn from their mistakes, and Casey will see first-hand how to make adjustments against superior opponents. This is a very big milestone in the season. They either run and hide from the blowout, or they man the hell up and get back in there and get it done.


Well, as predicted the Wolves lost the game, but they kept it remarkably close. They seemed in perfect position for that "bounce back" game against Dallas...

Sunday vs Dallas

Oh boy. Well, that whole "Wolves will learn from losing to San Antonio and bounce back" theory will sure be tested here. First game after the world champs is against the Mavs... in Dallas. That's trouble. Oh well. If the Wolves can't pull it out, there's no shame in losing to these two teams. They are playing great, and the Wolves haven't seen any very good teams yet.


....and there it is. 4 losses in a row. I really can't say the Wolves "blew" any of those games, but they didn't do what it took to win (duh!), and the other teams did. I think Philly played great, as did Sackramento. The San Antonio game would have been a bigger blowout if Manu had been playing. And they should have lost by 20 to Dallas, and would have, except the Mavs looked as ugly as the Wolves in the first quarter.

So, that's that. No rest for the weary, though. They've got NOOCH and the Failblazers coming up this week, which could be really fun. Except that NOOCH just beat the fucking Spurs, so you know, that might get ghetto. And hey, how about the first week of January? At Miami, home against Dallas, at San Antonio and at Dallas? GREAT!!!!

Just a brief aside here, I simply have to document - again - how awful Bowl of Kandi is. I turned the channel last night after his second shot. Yes, that's right. I was all excited to watch the Wolves, laying on the couch, good green tea flowing through my veins, and then about 2 minutes into the game, I flipped to watch The Family Guy. Yes. I was sick of watching them play. And this is a team that has KG on it. And they were playing Dallas, a western conference powerhouse. But I still didn't want to watch the game while he was in. His offensive play is so horrible, he looks so incredibly stupid and lazy, I just don't have the patience for it. His defense, ok, sometimes it looks acceptable. But when he gets the ball and starts doing that GODDAMNED SPIN MOVE, which leads to that STUPID JUMP HOOK, which always results in THAT HORRIBLY-ANGLED SHOT, which usually brings us to THAT MORON-ASS AIRBALL, which starts THAT BASTARD FAST BREAK, I have to turn away. I can't watch that. It's too much.

I can't imagine any team in the entire league would want to trade for this waste. Seriously, how could any coach want this thing on their team? It just doesn't make sense. Not only is he not good, but he wrecks your team. I've been watching for 3 years now. Trust me. He wrecks your team. I changed the channel in the first quarter last night. That's not good.

No comments: