August 16, 2005

I will still wear my jersey

I was sad to read today that the Timberwolves released Fred Hoiberg under the one-time amnesty rule. I was also sad to read Glen Taylor's resoning for making the move. He claimed that it was in the interest of the player, to remove the pressures of creating a time table for his return. I feel that this was a bullshit excuse to cut salary in an attempt to stay under the salary cap, thus to avoid the luxury tax. The right thing to do would be to swallow that salary and that roster spot to show a great individual the same loyalty he showed us, by staying here for less money.

So I will continue to wear my #32 Hoiberg jersey proudly because as far as I'm concerned he's still a Minnesota Timberwolf, regardless of Glen Taylor's decision.

No comments: