January 13, 2006

I'm Tired...

I'm tired of watching opposing point guards skipping and prancing into the lane.

I'm tired of watching opposing centers grab all the rebounds they want - atleast when KG isn't in the game.

I'm tired of watching Marko playing without consistant confidence

I'm tired of watching the defense consistantly play well while the offense sputters


It's so hard to watch a team that I so undyingly love, fall short night after night. It's amazing how quickly you forget past failure once you've achieved success and how hard it is when you slip back and all you can do is think about "what-if" scenarios. I want to watch this team succeed. I want to see them play to their potential - I guess I already might be. I want to see KG happy. I want to see a ring on his finger. True, as they are, he's not going to get one here, but I want that to change. I want Glen to either slap Deadzo and make him change his ways, or show him something in the alley out the back door - is Gary Trent lurking with a boxcutter? I want the organization to recommit to success. I want them to make another move that has the impact of the Sam and Spree deal. Sure that didn't work out in the long run, but I still feel it was a good move at the time. It brought KG some much needed help. I'm glad they're gone now, after last season, but they were exactly what this team needed. Marko was a good trade, but not the type that will bring KG back to the playoffs. Atleast not without another piece. I presume Glen is a little nervous after the Sam/Spree experiment didn't work out, but I hope the memory of that deal doesn't haunt this franchise for the next 5 years.

I just want the best for Kevin Garnett. I want him to succeed. I want him to be happy. I want him in a Wolves uniform. Like he said, we should rename Target Center, The Kevin Garnett Center, because when it comes right down to it, that's what it is.

Man, I'm tired....

No comments: