June 19, 2011

Mark Alarie, Washington Bullets

Recently, Dave Stryzinski loaned me a few magazines from Days Gone By, and I made it my mission to dig out as much gold as I could. That, of course, led me to pull out my own stash of Sports Illustrateds and see what I could find. Let's take a journey:

-------------------------------------------------------------

"Young and Never Going To Amount To Jack Shit"


 Ha ha ha, Glenn Rivers.  He actually looks smarter in this picture than he does now.


Wow, I guess I forgot just how horrible the Magic were before they got Shaq and Penny.   Jerry Reynolds?


Is this the All Knee Pad team?  Ledell Eackles? I think he sold me my last Buick.


Something just isn't right with this Nets page...

.
.
.
.

.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.


.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.



















DURFFFFFFFFFF!

























This has to be the worst NBA team ever assembled.  Blair Rasmussen?  Come on, that's not a real name.  And Joe Barry Carroll?  Did you play for one season and die like you should have?























Now this is from a "Sports Illustrated for Kids" (which really is just Sports Illustrated For Idiots, come on, kids can understand sports, they don't need their own version of the magazine) and I normally wouldn't make fun of children (yes I would), but just picture a kid saying these words.  "Twined means he swished the ball through the hoop."  Yes, yes.  Here, why don't you go eat this outside, sport.




























It still hurts.

1 comment:

Dickfer said...

Still remember when someone (Randy Shaver?) tried to explain ice fishing to Marbury. Marbury didn't think there was such a thing.